MySQL Community Edition is a freely downloadable version of the world's most popular open source database that is supported by an active community of open source developers and enthusiasts.
MySQL delivers enterprise features, including:
- Partitioning to improve performance and management of very large database environments
- Row-based/Hybrid Replication for improved replication security
- Event Scheduler to create and schedule jobs that perform various database tasks
- XPath Support
- Dynamic General/Slow Query Log
- Performance/Load Testing Utility (mysqlslap)
- Improved! Full Text Search (faster, new dev templates)
- Improved! Archive engine (better compression, more features)
- Improved! User session and problem SQL identification
- Improved! MySQL embedded library (libmysqld)
- Additional INFORMATION_SCHEMA objects
- Faster data import operations (parallel file load)
- ACID Transactions to build reliable and secure business critical applications
- Stored Procedures to improve developer productivity
- Triggers to enforce complex business rules at the database level
- Views to ensure sensitive information is not compromised
- Information Schema to provide easy access to metadata
- Pluggable Storage Engine Architecture for maximum flexibility
- Archive Storage Engine for historical and audit data
# Functionality Added or Changed
* Replication: The variable binlogging_impossible_mode has been renamed binlog_error_action. binlogging_impossible_mode is now deprecated.
* The new -DWITH_UBSAN=ON CMake option enables the Undefined Behavior Sanitizer. This feature is supported by GCC 4.9 and up, and Clang 3.4 and up.
# Bugs Fixed
* InnoDB: An ALTER TABLE operation raised an assertion. When a foreign key object was removed from the dictionary cache, an incorrect foreign key object was removed from the rb-tree.